If you want clean, plaque-free teeth, book an appointment with our dental hygienist who will leave you with a sparkling smile!
Kingdom Clinic is a leading provider of dental hygiene services in Kerry and the greater Munster region. In adults, more teeth are lost through gum disease than tooth decay, so regular dental hygiene treatment is an essential part of your overall dental care plan.
About our Dental Hygienist
Seren Truter is the dedicated hygienist at Kingdom Clinic and has been working alongside our periodontist Dr Tomas Allen since 2020. This has provided an invaluable experience as he has mentored her and passed down vital knowledge relating to gum disease and its management. They liaise on a regular basis and work together to manage our patients and optimising their dental health.
Seren is a member of the Irish Dental Hygienists Association (IDHA), and the South African Dental Therapists Association (SADTA). She attends many CPD events, and keeps a finger on the pulse of all the latest dental trends! Some of her latest CPD events include a course on Dental Implant Maintenance, Behaviour Modification and Dental Whitening Treatments.
Seren is a finalist in the KIN Dental Hygienist of the Year 2023.
Seren will be embarking on postgraduate Facial Aesthetics diploma in the following months (with a focus on dermal fillers)
She will always ensure you look and feel your very best. Seren is interested in all aspects of dentistry, and takes a holistic view of a patients oral care needs, tailoring programmes to suit even the busiest of lifestyles, or the most nervous of patients.
What are the benefits to having regular hygienist visits?
- Reduction in gum issues such as red, bleeding and inflamed gums
- A personalised, easy to follow oral hygiene plan to fit your lifestyle
- Improved dental health (links to general health, a reduced risk of heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, etc)
- Fresher breath and cleaner teeth!
- Stronger teeth if opting for fluoride treatments
- An overview of your general dental condition and a ‘second set of eyes’ in addition to your general dentist
What happens at my Dental Hygiene appointment?
- Review of your medical history, including any relevant conditions that may impact oral health status
- Review of your current oral hygiene routine and its effectiveness
- Plaque disclosing with a staining solution to view any missed or neglected areas
- Optional numbing spray or gel to make the experience as painless as possible (anaesthetic injections also available on request)
- Removal of hard plaque
- Removal of surface stains and soft plaque using an air polishing device (the gold standard in hygiene treatments)
- Application of a desensitising or a strengthening fluoride varnish where necessary
- Tailored home oral hygiene plan and samples when available
What is Air Polishing?
- Air polishing is a stream of powder, water and air, which is used to remove soft deposits from the teeth
- Air polishing is gentler than traditional polishing and can reach areas that traditional polishing cannot, resulting in a brighter, whiter smile
- Air polishing is ideal for those who have braces
- Air polishing is ideal for all ages
- Patients have described it as ‘a spa treatment for your teeth’
To make an appointment with our dental hygienist please call 064 7763010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org